1 persistently continual; "the bluejay's insistent cry" [syn: insistent]
Repetition may refer to:
- Repetition A poetic device that repeats its self over and over again.
- Repetition (rhetorical device), a rhetorical device
- Repetition (music), the use of repetition in musical compositions
- Repetition (Kierkegaard) a book by the 19th century Danish philosopher Søren Kierkegaard published in 1843
- Repetition as the most fundamental exercise in the Meisner acting technique
- "Repetition", a song by David Bowie on his 1979 album Lodger (album).
- "Repetition", the english translated name of Alain Robbe-Grillet's 2001 Novel La reprise (The Take Over)
- "Repetition", a song by Helmet from their 1990 album Strap It On
- "Repetition", a song by Quasi from their 1998 album Featuring "Birds"
- Repetition (single), a song by synth-pop band Information Society
- "Repetition", a bonus track on Live At The Witch Trials by The Fall
repetitive in German: Wiederholung
repetitive in French: Répétition
abundant, articulated, automatic, battological, beaten, boring, catenated, ceaseless, concatenated, connected, constant, continual, continued, continuing, continuous, copious, cyclical, diffuse, diffusive, direct, drab, duplicative, echoic, echoing, effusive, endless, extravagant, exuberant, featureless, fecund, formless, frequent, gapless, gray, gushing, gushy, habitual, hackneyed, humdrum, imitative, immediate, incessant, interminable, iterative, joined, jointless, linked, monotonous, never-ending, nonstop, overflowing, parrotlike, perennial, periodic, persistent, pleonastic, prodigal, productive, profuse, profusive, prolific, recapitulative, recurrent, recurring, redundant, reduplicative, reechoing, regular, reiterant, reiterative, relentless, repeated, repeating, repetitional, repetitionary, repetitious, round-the-clock, routine, running, same, samely, seamless, serried, smooth, stable, steady, stereotyped, straight, superabundant, tautological, tautologous, tedious, teeming, trite, twenty-four-hour, unbroken, unceasing, undifferentiated, unending, uniform, unintermitted, unintermittent, unintermitting, uninterrupted, unrelieved, unremitting, unstopped, well-trodden, well-worn